MYWAY DIABETES / MYWAY CLINICAL PLATFORM
- MyWay Diabetes (MWD) is an online records access portal (web and app based) for patients. It has been successfully operating in NHS Scotland since 2010 as My Diabetes My Way, and in various regions of NHS England since 2017.
- The GP records of registered patients are uploaded and available to view by individual patients and authorised clinicians with secure logins.
- Data sharing and records linkage is required to allow patients online access to their own data.
- Where commissioned, MyWay Clinical (MWC) provides an online electronic medical record, data analysis and population-based reporting portal for clinicians. Clinicians are presented with the records of all people living with diabetes, or at risk of the condition, under their care. Clinicians are able to update the MWC patient record.
DATA PROCESSING AND DATA SHARING SUMMARY
- Data will be transferred from the GP practice’s primary care system to MyWay Digital Health using the GPIT Futures IM1 Bulk Interface.
- The GP practice is the Data Controller, and MyWay Digital Health is the Data Processor.
- The GP practice is responsible for enabling the flow of this data within their primary care system.
- All data is processed in full compliance with the latest NHS Information Governance rules and regulations.
- Only patients who have explicitly registered for and signed into MyWay Diabetes will see their data, it is not provided to anyone else.
TO ACTIVATE DATA SHARING IN YOUR REGION PLEASE FOLLOW THE RELEVANT LINK BELOW
To review the full Data Sharing Agreement please click here